Monday, October 19, 2009

Daddy's lullaby

It's okay, and it's alright
It's time for us to say goodnight
It's alright and it's okay
Tomorrow will be another day

Now it's time for you to sleep
So please my daughter, don't you weep
I'll put you in your little bed
So you can rest your weary head

It's okay, and it's alright
It's time for us to say goodnight
It's alright and it's okay
tomorrow will be another day.

I love you and you love me
We are one and we are three
Just a happy family
We love you little Sophie G.

Mark has been singing some version of this lullaby for as long as I can remember. He's really good at making up lullabies and songs. Me, not so much, but Sophie just loves a customized song with her name in it, so I do it, too.

Try it. It's fun and guaranteed to sooth the little one to sleep better than a generic tune.

We both love to sing to Sophie. Mark has always been a big singer. Again, me not so much, but my singing has gotten a lot better with the nightly songs.

"Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt.
Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment